Wednesday 23 October 2013

Five Senses



Before the first step...
 

         As the murmurs and mumbles from the audience start to subside, I hear the loud "ding" over the speaker.  Silence hurries over the entire theatre. I stand with my heart beating at an unnerving pace and I feel the palms of my hands start to dribble with sweat. Being in the largest theatre on Broadway, The Gershwin, everything suddenly becomes real. As I see the red light backstage quickly turn green, my entire body goes into paralysis. Enchantingly, the orchestra starts the first song and the next three hours have finally began. With the most intense adrenaline, I wait on the side with butterflies’ pirouetting through my stomach wreaking havoc on my insides. The taste of dust and hairspray lingers on my tongue as the butterflies cease to stop corrupting my insides. My head starts to twirl in sparkles  and I start to smell the smoke machine on stage engulf my nostrils. Seconds before I step onto the stage, I take ten agonisingly slow deep breaths and there i go…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment